Coronavirus Support Resources
BTH has limited resources designated to support our students, please check in with us to give us an update on how you are doing using this survey.
If you need immediate help please use the resources below.
Essential Living Resources
Students Who are Homeless or With Experience in Foster Care
– Emergency assistance funding for workers in the food and beverage industry – The application process is completely anonymous. Only Southern Smoke staff will see an application in its entirety. – Please know that we are prioritizing medical emergencies at this time.
If you or someone you know needs help getting through these uncertain times, dial 211. Our 211 Texas/United Way HELPLINE is available 24/7 to connect you with food, child care, transportation, and other critical information and resources.
Day-by-day projects for grades Prek-9 to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video.
Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers.
Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. Khan Academy tackles math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics, and more.
With a public library card, Kanopy is free. Kanopy is the best video streaming service for quality, thoughtful entertainment. Find movies, documentaries, foreign films, classic cinema, independent films and educational videos that inspire, enrich and entertain.
Learn software, creative, and business skills to achieve your personal and professional goals.
Art Courses with MoMA
The Museum of Modern Art offers free art classes through Coursera
Virtual Field Trips
These virtual field trips are educationally rich experiences captured during real expeditions with scientists doing current research in Panama, Australia, Panama, Mexico, and more
Babbel is offering three months of free language learning to U.S. students through mid-June 2020 in any of its languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Russian, Dutch, Turkish, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Indonesian, and English.
– 2 months of free internet
– $10/month afterwards
– Offers affordable home internet service for just $9.95 per month– with no contract, credit check or installation fees. You automatically qualify for the Internet Essentials package if your child participates in the school lunch program, you are receiving HUD housing assistance, a low-income senior, a community college student in Colorado or Illinois or a verified low-income veteran. You will also have the option to purchase a laptop or desktop computer for only $149.
Access by ATT– 2 months of free service
-A low-cost wireless home internet plan for low-income households. Access by AT&T provides high-speed internet service for $5-$10 per month. At least one person of your household should receive SSI or SNAP benefits or be on NFRLP to be qualified.
-First two months free of Connect2Compete service
– $9.95/month thereafter To qualify for the Cox Connect2Compete affordable internet program, your household must have at least one K-12 student and participate in a government assistance program.
A wireless and virtual network that offers free and affordable internet as well as phone service. FreedomPop comes with a FREE basic plan of up to 200 minutes of talk, 500 text messages and 500 MG of data. The home internet service plan comes with a free trial of 2GB hotspot, free charger, battery, and set-up. You will also receive up to 50% off on smartphones and other products to stay connected.
With Mediacom’s Connect2Compete program, qualifying households can receive up to 10 Mbps for $9.95/mo.* with no contract, no deposit, no installation fees, and no equipment rental fees. A Wi-Fi modem is provided via a no-cost lease.
– internet hotspots available for use
Households with students K–12 or university students can sign up for a new Charter Spectrum internet account to get the first two months of the internet with speeds up to 100 Mbps for free. Installation fees will be waived for those who qualify for the offer. Call 1-844-488-8395 to enroll.