Thank you for your support of our programs. Last month BTH answered urgent community need by:
- Purchasing 50 $100 grocery gift cards for families experiencing food shortages
- Arranging professional counseling services for 13 students in need.
- Collecting 30 tablets so struggling families have the resources they need to participate in remote learning
To continue serving our students, our acclaimed summer program will pivot to a fully online platform that will include:
- A challenging Math, Science & English Language Arts curriculum
- Virtual PSAT prep classes for our rising 10th and 11th graders
- Project based learning with accompanying project kits provided by Breakthrough
- Student engagement through advisory time and small group community cultivation, both through Zoom
We are dedicated to ensuring all of our students have access to a rigorous online program, the trained Teaching Fellows to deliver it and the resources they need to access it.
Thank you for your interest in and support of our programs that bring equitable educational solutions to Houston and greatly reduce extensive lost learning associated with the pandemic.